In this article, we will be discussing some of the best herbal teas to ease stress, improve brain activity and others.
- Best tea overall: lemon balm
- Best tea for IBS: chamomile tea
- Best tea for brain health: rosemary tea
- Best tea for depression: lavender tea
- Best tea for menstrual pain: rose tea
- Best tea for deep sleep: valerian root tea
- Best tea for indigestion: peppermint tea
- Best tea for fatigue: oat straw tea
The use of herbal teas to enhance brain health, ease stress and anxiety started thousands of years ago. They can also be used to improve sleep pattern.
Their effects on people depend on the stress level and taste buds. Finding the right tea may be difficult. You can speak with an expert to help choose the right one.
Studies show that several herbs can have strong positive effects on your stress levels, and, as a result, improve your mental and physical health. These 10 herbal teas will help you choose the best tea for your current needs.
How Does Herbal Tea Help Reduce Stress?
Herbal teas have several types of natural anti-inflammatory compounds that may improve the body’s health, they include:
- They are used to protect the body from stress.
- Antiviral and antibacterial compounds.
- Herbs that treat inflammation.
- Herbs that prevent or treat blood clots and high blood pressure.
Experts advise people to take a cup of herbal tea every day to improve your health over time and help manage stress. A study done in 2014 showed that some herbal teas, especially Melissa officinalis or lemon balm extract, can reduce the level of the stress hormone in the body (cortisol).
Research shows that even just inhaling tea aroma, especially can reduce stress levels and provide a peaceful mood. Always speak with your doctor before using any herbal teas (or herbal supplements).
Some teas can have negative effects on your health conditions or drugs. For instance, chamomile cam be used as a mild blood thinner and can have a reaction with the drug warfarin (Coumadin) if taken in large quantity.