Dental implants are tooth roots replacement. Implants offer a strong foundation for fixed (permanent) or removable replacement teeth that have similar characteristics with the natural teeth.
What Are the Advantages of Dental Implants?
Several advantages of dental implants exist. Some of them are:
- Enhanced appearance: Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. They are developed to bind with bones, so they become permanent.
- Improved speech: When your teeth are placed improperly they can slip within the mouth causing you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants help you to talk without worrying about the teeth falling.
- Improved comfort: Because they become part of you, implants eradicate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Easier eating: Sliding dentures can make chewing hard. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without discomfort.
- Improved self-esteem: Dental implants give you the confidence to smile and they boost your self-esteem.
- Improved oral health: You don’t need to alter the appearance of other teeth to use Dental implants. Your other teeth are left alone, improving long-term oral health. Individual implants also provide easy access between teeth, boosting oral hygiene .
- Durability: Implants are strong and will last many years. Implants can last a lifetime if proper care is given.
- Convenience: Removable dentures can be embarrassing. Dental implants get rid of the embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep them in good condition.
- permanent and rarely have long-term complications: If you have chronic tooth decay , infection, periodontal disease , have lost a tooth or teeth in an accident, or you’re tired of the pain, irritation and discomfort that accompany lost dentures, dental implants are the best option.
Dental implants are healthy and they offer long-term solutions. Studies show that they are stronger, do not move-in the buccal cavity. They don’t stop you from smiling, eating and speaking naturally.