Calories are a measure of how much energy the food and drink we take in contains. The number of calories you should consume depends on several factors.
Calories are good for the body but excessive intake leads to an increase in weight. An increase in weight on the other hand could also lead to other ailmentssuch as cancer and other chronic problems.
Factors Influencing the Number of Calories to Consume
Energy intake is dependent on the type of person you are among other factors. The United Kingdom’s National Health Service  lists a few factors that determine the number of calories for each person to consume.
- Your Age: For example, younger children need more calories than adults
- Your Gender: Which differs for males and females
- Your Lifestyle: How much you exercise, and how active you are
- Your Type of Size: Your height and weight
- Your Environment: Colder environment requires more calories intake